Microblading eyebrows in San Jose is a semi-permanent makeup procedure whereby hair like strokes are created along the eyebrow to either enhance, reshape or create a very natural looking appearance on the brows, best suited for your facial features and shape. The procedure entails the use of a very small nano-blade, which is dipped into a pigment that has been carefully matched to your natural hair color and skin tone and is then glided along a sketched outline of the brow that has been drawn on and scrutinized beforehand. While only penetrating up to 1mm into the skin, the pigment is deposited simultaneously with the creation of the hair like stroke leaving a feathered outline which will further be filled in the same manner
Microblading Done Right
When done by a properly trained artist, Microblading is performed by placing pigment or ink in the dermis with the use of a hand tool with attached needles fused together in a curvilinear grouping. The same look can be achieved using a traditional tattoo machine or digital machine using cartridges or traditional tattoo needles, though this technique is called Hairstroke, not microblading. Exactly the same as brow treatments using a machine, the cosmetic tattoo technique involves drawing individual, crisp hair strokes that can be very natural looking. The needles used come in a variety of diameters so that the thickness of each individual hair stroke can be customized to each client depending on the width of their natural hairs as to make the eyebrow tattoing process look more natural.
The most realistic permanent eyebrows available! Hair strokes are tattooed in the eyebrow with the use of a manual permeant makeup tool, also known as Eyebrow Embroidery. Great for those with no eyebrows or those wanting to fill in their eyebrows and have a better shape & look completely NATURAL! For those who want the look of makeup, then Powder brows are for you. I also do Combination brows, the best of both worlds! We will discuss options for you at your appointment.
What's the Healing Process Like?
Your new eyebrows will go through several phases during the healing cycle. True reflection of healed color can only be assessed 3-4 weeks after treatment. Touch-ups and/or correction of the shape/design is recommended at least 4 weeks after initial treatment. It will go from too dark, to too light, to just right!
Immediately after the procedure, the pigment will appear very sharp and dark. This is because the pigment is still seating on top of your skin and has not yet settled in completely. The color of the pigment will soften gradually (do not be alarmed if you see some pigment on the cotton swab as this is excess pigment and/or body fluid that is naturally exiting your skin).
Once the healing of the skin starts taking place it will look like dandruff flakes or dry skin. This might give you the impression that the color pigment is fading too quickly. However, this is just superficial color and dry skin being naturally removed from your eyebrows.
Your eyebrows will be the lightest tones during days 5-12 because the color is absorbed in the deeper layers of the skin. Later skin cells push it back to the upper layers. Once the healing is completed, you will enjoy a pair of beautiful, new, natural looking eyebrows.
Permeant Makeup with Selena Tran
Don't trust your face to just anyone! Feel confident Selena has several years of experience, has continually received advanced training.
Our brows are personalized. We interview you for a sense of your makeup routine, taste, and lifestyle.
We draw a perfectly shaped brow uniquely measured to your face. So YES you'll never have to draw them again!
We use advanced numbing techniques that provide our clients with little to no pain. Hard to believe, but true!
What it is
Unlike a regular tattoo, "cosmetic tattooing is a form of tattoo artistry where pigment is implanted under your skin with a manual handheld tool instead of a machine," Selena Tran explains. "I draw hair-like strokes with the tool to mimic natural hairs in your brows. Even though it's not as deep as the regular tattoo, it's still a tattoo because pigment is implanted under the skin."
What can I expect during my service?
Here's a quick rundown of a typical service provided by an official PhiBrows artist:
You need to prepare
Aftercare is essential
If you drink a lot, take aspirin, or use retinol, stop one week before your treatment. "Retinol makes your skin thin and then you bleed a little more," Selena says. "Avoid blood thinners, aspirin, and alcohol."
That means protecting freshly bladed brows from all moisture–no sweaty workouts or washing your face with water. Some patients experience itching and redness during the first week, in this case, Vaseline can alleviate. Brows will look slightly darker at first, but the color will fade 30 to 40 percent. Aftercare ointments are provided during your first appointment.
Day of the Appointment... What to expect.
Here's your Run-down
Timing - A typical microblading appointment lasts 2 to 2.5 hours, depending on the specialist and actual brow shape. A touch up appointment usually lasts from 30 minutes to 1.5 hours, depending on the amount of work that needs to be done.
Interview - Our permeant makeup artist will ask you questions about your style, what kind of makeup you wear and your preferences. Your answers will help artist understand your expectations and give you all the answers you might have.
Numbing - We will apply numbing cream on the area we will work on. This will make the process less stressful for your and your artist.
Mock-Up - Next the artist will draw the eyebrows directly on your skin using a special waterproof pencil. This will be the specialist’s guide for the microblading procedure. This is very important because it allows the client to see the final look before any permanent work is performed.
Process - Client will be asked to lay down and relax. Artist will now perform the work based on the mock-up agreed with the customer. In the end of the service all ink leftovers are removed from the face with sterile wipes. You can now enjoy the new look of your eyebrows.
Your number one source for effortless eye brow beauty
You might require a touch up appointment.
This is included with the service. Since every client’s skin is different and takes the ink differently, it’s impossible to predict how a pigment will work with a client’s undertones. However, in 3 to 8 weeks you may come back for a touch up if you require it.
Is it painful?
Most of clients report little to no pain. However, we cannot guarantee that it will be the most pleasant experience and it may hurt a little for sure. The good news is that we will apply a numbing cream 30 minutes prior to treatment and chances are that you will feel little to no pain. However, if you know that you cannot take pain in general and have a very low tolerance, we advise you to hold off from using permanent makeup for your own good... :-)
Results last up to three years
Depending on the skin and lifestyle, Selena’s clients come back for touch-ups once every six months.
Frequently Asked Questions
Are there any pre-existing conditions that interfere with consideration for a Microblading treatment?
• Breastfeeding (treatment is possible, though anesthetic will not be possible)
• On keloids or if you have tendency to keloid, birthmarks or moles.
• Serious diseases such as cancer, epilepsy, autoimmune disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Circulatory disorders (doctor's note is required)
• Any bleeding disorders (doctor's note is required)
• You're taking blood thinning medication
• Currently on Accutane or other strong retinoids (must wait until 6 months after treatment ends)
• If any skin diseases symptoms or irritation appears on the area.
• You've recently had Botox or Disport treatment (must wait 2 months)
• Old PMU
• You have a broken capillary in the eyebrows area
• If you have a sunburn.
• After waxing (must wait 3 days)
• After chemical peels (must wait two weeks)
Is there any after-procedure care?
Yes! Make sure to avoid ALL of the following:
• Increased sweating, practicing sports, swimming, hot sauna, hot bath or jacuzzi, sun tanning or salon tanning.
• Any laser or chemical treatments or peelings, and/or any creams containing Retin-A or Glycol Acid on the face or neck.
• Picking, peeling or scratching of the micro pigmented area in order to avoid scarring of the area or removal of the pigment.
• Performing tasks related to heavy household cleaning such as garage or basement cleaning where there is a lot of airborne debris.
• Drinking alcohol in excess as it may lead to slow healing of wounds.
• Driving in open air vehicles such as convertibles, boats, bicycles or motorcycles.
• Touching of the eyebrow area except for when rinsing and applying the post-care cream with a cotton swab.
• Before showering apply a layer of post-care cream to protect your eyebrows from moisture. During the shower keep your face away from the shower head. Itching and flaking may appear during the first seven days post microblading procedure, However, experience has shown that by following these aftercare instructions these symptoms may quickly disappear.
• Once completely healed, always apply a layer of sunscreen SPF 30 on your eyebrows when exposed to the sun. Sun exposure might cause the color pigment to fade away more quickly.
Is there anything I need to do to prepare for my service?
• Do not drink coffee, alcohol or energizing drinks on the day of treatment.
• Do not take Aspirin, Niacin, Vitamin E or Ibuprofen 24 hours before treatment.
• Do not take omega3 (fish oil) 1 week before treatment.
• Do not tan or have intense sun exposure 3 days before treatment.
• No waxing 2-3 days before treatment.
• No chemical peels, dermabrasion, laser or any other intense treatments 2 weeks before treatment.
• Shower and fix your hair as you need to take extra care not to get your brows wet for several days.
All emails given to San Jose Microblading will be used to send discount offers and information regarding your appointments. Thank you.